Marathon How-To: Rinse Your Holding Tanks
Although rinsing your black and gray tanks may not be the most glamorous aspect of luxury RV living, it is crucial to living the good life. Maintaining these tanks will help prevent unpleasant odors while warding off other possible issues – and it may be simpler than you think.
How to rinse your Marathon’s holding tanks:
- Connect the water hose to either rinse valve (there’s one for the gray tank and one for the black tank).
- Turn on the faucet – the water will then be directed to a sprayer on the side of the tank.
- Dump your tank, ensuring it is completely empty.
- Refill the tank with water.
- Flush the tank again, letting the water drain completely.
- Repeat this process for the other tank.
Watch Marathon Coach Sales/Service Support Technician Dave Bash demonstrate how to properly rinse your holding tanks.